Encourage your child to eat healthy and stay active with this convenient tracker
Children who are active and eat a variety of healthy foods are more likely to stay fit and healthy when they grow up. If your child is having trouble picking out healthy foods or needs extra encouragement to stay active, this simple tracker can help.
Use this Activity Tracker to set goals for your entire family. Your child can even help! For example, plan to go for a walk after dinner three nights a week. Or suggest your child make it her goal to eat 2 pieces of fruit every day. Making small changes like these every day is a great way to get your family on a path toward better health.
Print the tracker now and fill it out with your child or your family each day.
Make the most of this tracker:
- Pick one healthy food and one fun, physical activity for each day of the week.
- Set daily goals by filling out the whole week in advance.
- Get your child involved by filling out the tracker together.
- Place the filled-out tracker somewhere you and your child can easily see and look over it together every day.
- Join your child in fun, physical activities and have fun as a family!
- Whenever your child eats the healthy food or does the fun, physical activity for a day, mark a star!
- At the end of the week, count up how many stars your child marked.
- Consider a healthy reward for marking all the stars. Reward with time together instead of food. Perhaps you can take your child to the park, the beach or a community pool!
More Parenting Tips for Your Child’s Fitness and Nutrition